74-2-16 | Arch Tray 449 | "Fish hook, shell and bone with iron back."
74-2-43 | P10 | "Small metal scarbbard [sic]."
74-2-49 | Arch Tray 449 | "Blue glass bead necklace."
74-2-53 | P7 | "Walrus ornaments from Alaska."
per Typescript accession sheets c. 1974
Seya--I see here that your numbers didn't actually include the "Metal and Shell Card Case from Spain." 74-2-48 must have been a transcription error. The fact that it's location is tray 449 tells me that you must have drawn 74-2-49 (as 74-2-48 is already assigned, drawn by Jessica). 74-2-49 is a blue glass bead necklace.. Please go ahead and correct the transcription error and we will pull the beads for you on Monday--and the fish hook.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dr. C. My entry originally read "74-2-49," but I was getting mixed up and assuming that -that- had been my transcription error, so I amended it to "74-2-48" while on the museum's computer. My mistake; evidently my brain was overwhelmed by the sundry accession sheets and fish throat teeth and other adventures. I''ll fix it now.
DeleteMy brain is overwhelmed by whacking the I-beam in the loft. It happens. And, I think we are all going to know a lot about (supposedly Samoan) "fish throat teeth" before this project is over. Pretty sure the fish didn't know it was Samoan ;-).
ReplyDelete