PHOTO This is the picture of the Sacramento Protestant Orphan Asylum which I pointed out during Team PL's presentation today. I blithely said it was taken in 1868, but on second glance, that was a misreading on my part. The accompanying blog entry doesn't make clear when or where the picture was taken, but now I'm thinking it was probably taken circa 1900 at the orphanage's second location (input from people more familiar with turn-of-the-century children's attire and with photo quality?). Here is a very large version.
This picture is featured on a blog entry for MetroEDGE, of which the asylum's present incarnation, the Sacramento Children's Home, is a beneficiary.
And yet another source for the same image, which still doesn't make its provenience readily apparent: PDF with item 12, Sac City Council Agenda 19 Nov 2013.
PROPOSAL AND FOUNDING
Sac City & County Record of Events, 1867. References to proposals, constitutions, and elections for the asylum. Apparently the orphan asylum was proposed in January, and by March the property was already purchased.
No comments:
Post a Comment