Saturday, March 1, 2014

Deed of Gift assignment

Mallory and I did our deed of gift assignment on Thursday (see her blog for better photos of the items).  As "donor," I gifted a Complete Works of Shakespeare from 1906 which I got several years ago at a Sacramento thrift store.  As "registrar," Mallory examined the book and noted its dimensions, condition, distinguishing tags/numbers, and history such as I was aware of.


 As "donor," Mallory gifted a framed historical document commemorating her great uncle, a purple heart recipient who served in WWII and went missing at that time.  I noted the dimensions, condition, framer's marks, style of font and seal, and the family history of the item.


 



1 comment:

  1. Nice thrift store find, Seya! Glad you like the natural history catalog; it is an all-time favorite of students who take this class (and I keep watching for newer ones, but it is tough to find them; not so many auctions of that "genre," I guess.

    ReplyDelete